Introduction to Moringa
Welcome to Moringa Wisdom! By now you may have heard something about Moringa or like most people in the western world do not have any idea what moringa is all about. What is moringa? Moringa Oleifera is a plant native to India but that has been cultivated in Africa, Asia, Latin America and other subtropical regions. It is known by a few names such as drumstick tree”, and ‘horseradish tree’ . It is widely called the miracle tree not only for the amazing nutritional and healing properties found in the entire plant, but also because every part of the plant can be used and consumed.
According to recent studies moringa is by far the only plant in the world to contain more nutrition,vitamins and minerals in the leaf than any other plan
Scientific research confirms that these humble leaves are a powerhouse of nutritional value. Gram for gram, moringa leaves contain: SEVEN times the vitamin C in oranges, FOUR times the Calcium in milk, FOUR times the vitamin A in carrots, TWO times the protein in milk and THREE times the Potassium in bananas.
Research conducted by the Natl. Inst. of Health claimed that Moringa oleifera Lam possess the highest antioxidant content among various natural food sources based on an oxygen radical absorbance capacity assay.
Some Facts about Moringa:
- Essential Amino acids are also found in moringa.
- Moringa is also said to balance sugar levels, hence it is helpful in the fight against diabetes.
- The body’s natural defense mechanism increases with the consumption of moringa in the daily diet pattern. Since it is an immunity-stimulant, it is prescribed for AIDS afflicted patients.
- Moringa leaves can be consumed to stimulate metabolism.
- It is also said to have digestive powers.
- It is a nutrition booster and is known to promote a feeling of well-being in people.
- If you are looking for non-sugar based energy, then moringa leaves is the answer. Thus, it will also help in the weight loss process.
- The cell structure of the body is stimulated by the moringa leaves.
- It is especially useful for lactating mothers. The consumption of moringa has shown dramatic increase in the quantity of breast milk.
- It is also famous for its antibacterial properties.
- The paste of the moringa leaves is said to beautify the skin and is hence applied by women regularly.
- It protects the liver and kidneys.
- It can also be used as a water purifier.